PRICE: USD 160 per person
- A thrilling rafting experience
- An opportunity to see the famous Victoria Falls up close
- Rated Best White-Water Rafting Trip in the world
For an adrenalin-pumping white-water rafting experience that will have you sailing and conquering one of the longest rivers on the face of this planet, you need to raft the Zambezi!
Classified as a predominantly class 5 graded river, every rafting enthusiast that has overcome the Colorado, the Nile River, the Orange River or any other major rafting destination comes to take on the mighty Zambezi. Local mythology speaks of the Nyami Nyami, a benevolent serpent-like River God that is said to inhabit the depths of the fourth-longest river in Africa. The Tonga, Lozi and Leya tribes ardently worship the Nyami Nyami Zambezi Snake spirit, turning to it both in times of need and times of plenty.
Take a day out with our knowledgeable and seasoned river guides and explore the legendary Victoria Falls waters in an inflatable raft. Feel the cool spray of rushing water on your face as you toss and turn in the swirling whirlpools and enjoy pulse-raising moments as you challenge the churning grade 5 rapids. We complete the full-day experience with a refreshing Zambezi Lager or an ice-cold drink.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen (you will be exposed to the sun, which can get hot)
- Your booking confirmation voucher
- Cash for National Park fees (see pricing below)
- Transfers to and from your place of accommodation
- Experienced and qualified river guide
- All required safety equipment, including a life vest and a helmet
- A bottle of water
- Lunch, cold beers and soft drinks
- National Park fees:
- USD 30 for international guests
- USD 15 for citizens of SADC (South African Development Community) – Passport proof required
- USD 8 for Zimbabwean citizens – National Identification Cards (ID) required
- No children under 16 years of age permitted.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
WHAT TO WEAR
- A swimming suit, t-shirt and shorts.
- Rafting shoes or old footwear that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- We strongly recommend that you leave rings, necklaces, ear rings, watches and any other valuables at your hotel, as these may be washed away during the activity.
- Avoid wearing sunglasses or prescription glasses – they are likely to fall off in the rapids.