PRICEU : USD 200 per person
- Explore Zimbabwe’s largest wildlife park, Hwange
- Enjoy a tasty lunch at a Hwange waterhole
- Spot elephants, lions, leopards, buffaloes and much more
- Over 400 recorded species of birds in the park
Remember the story of Cecil the Lion? These are the plains that he used to roam!
A day trip to the Hwange National Park offers the opportunity to visit one of the most diverse wildlife parks in the world and enjoy an authentic and memorable African safari experience.
Hwange was established in 1928 to provide sanctuary for wildlife in western Zimbabwe. Ted Davidson, a young local ranger of the time, was assigned the colossal task of naturing and securing the area by the government of the day. After decades of protection and dedication by the pioneers of the park, Hwange remains a haven for wildlife in the area, boasting a wide variety of flora and fauna.
Our Hwange Day Trip begins with an early morning pickup at 5 a.m. from your hotel in Victoria Falls for a sunrise departure. Your minibus will then make its way to the Hwange National Park, which is located approximately two hours away. Upon arrival at the park’s main camp area, your guide will tend to registration formalities, as you sit back and enjoy some tea or coffee and a packed breakfast.
After breakfast, your knowledgeable guide will take you on a thrilling 2-3-hour game drive within the park in an open-back safari vehicle. This is a great opportunity to view giraffe, buffalo, kudu, zebras, eland, impala and, of course, elephants. Hwange National Park is home to Zimbabwe’s largest population of elephants. You may also spot big cats such as lions, leopards, cheetahs and caracals.
At some point during the afternoon, after working up an appetite, guests are treated to a delicious lunch at one of the park’s waterholes. Waterholes are focal points in the dry season where animal congregate to access water. As lunch is served, you will see a variety of big and small animals flock to the area to cool off and quench their thirsts. After lunch, we’re off for some more safari exploring.
The Hwange Safari Day Trip ends at around 4 o’clock in the afternoon, at which point you will be driven back to your place of accommodation in Victoria Falls.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen, a sun hat and sunglasses
- Your booking confirmation voucher
- Your passport
- Camera gear
- A reusable water bottle
- Cash for National Park fees (USD30 per person)
- Transport to and from your hotel in Victoria Falls
- National Park game drive
- Guided walking safari
- An experienced and qualified guide
- Breakfast and lunch
- Bottled water
- Soft drinks and beer
- National Park fees
- Premium alcoholic drinks
- No children under 6 years of age permitted.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Neutral-coloured clothing.
- Comfortable closed walking shoes.
- A jacket for warmth.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Tour-goers must be fit enough to walk and embark on the game drive without assistance.
- Participants with specific diet requirements should inform us a day before the tour.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed on this tour. However, every effort will be made to take you to the best sites where animals can usually be encountered.
- While we generally try to get guests to Victoria falls by 5:30 pm, this will depend largely on what you see in the park. We will not rush you past sightings to get back early. The driving conditions will play a part, too. Thus, we suggest that you dedicate your whole day to this safari.
- Be sure to book ahead for this tour so that your booking runs smoothly.