- USD 240 per person
- Fish on Africa’s fourth longest river
- A chance to catch tigerfish, sharptooth catfish, nembwe and other iconic fish
- Go fishing on the Zambezi with an experienced guide/captain
As most fishermen know, fishing isn’t just about what you catch; it’s also about being at one with nature and your environment. At Rukoko Safaris, we provide the opportunity to do just that with a full-day, fun-filled fishing excursion, and what better place to do it than on the mighty Zambezi River?
Not only does the Zambezi offer stunning surroundings but also it is teeming with fish. This river, the fourth largest in Africa, is home to dozens of fish species, as a matter of fact, some of which are particularly challenging and rewarding to catch, such as the ferocious tiger fish. Yellowfish, nembwe (yellow belly bream), sharptooth catfish and African pike are other fish that inhabit these waters.
On this trip, which lasts 10 hours and is suitable for first-time piscators, recreational fishermen and serious and experienced anglers, we provide everything that you will need… fishing gear, lures, bait and a knowledgeable veteran captain guide, who will take you to the best fishing spots on the Zambezi River. Come and have some fun and adventure and experience a fishing trip of a lifetime!
A driver will pick you from your hotel or lodge within Victoria Falls town. After the activity, you will be dropped at your place of accommodation. The fishing excursion begins in the morning and continues until late in the afternoon. We depart at 06:00 and return at approximately 17:00.
WHAT TO BRING
- Sunscreen and sunglasses
- A wide brim hat
- Your camera
- Binoculars (there’s a chance of spotting birds and wildlife)
- Your booking confirmation voucher
- Transport to and from your hotel in Victoria Falls
- An experienced guide/captain
- Boat fuel
- Fishing tackle
- Soft drinks and beer
- Bottled water
- National Park fees (USD 10 per person)
- No children under 16 years of age permitted.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
WHAT TO WEAR
- Thin bottom layer t-shirt with a top layer long-sleeved nylon shirt.
- Shorts or lightweight pants that convert into shorts.
- Comfortable non-slip shoes or sandals.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
- No experience necessary.
- We have a catch and release policy – any fish caught must be released back into the water.
- Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed on this excursion. However, every effort will be made to take you to the best sites where animals can usually be spotted.
- A minimum of 2 people per trip. Maximum is 4 people.